Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default do they make 5/8" extension ring for an outlet box?

"Mikepier" wrote in message
Thanks for the link. Thats exactly what I'm looking for. I see they
are made of plastic. I wonder if I can still use them with metal
boxes. This is in a condo where everything is BX.
Would Lowes or HD have these box extenders?.

They're made in metal too, but you're better off with plastic, no concern
about shorting out. Regardless of what the extenders are made of, you will
have to run equipment grounding conductors from the box to the receptacle.