Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Kohler motor on Husqvarna mower

Good info. I will likely pick one up.

Many thanks,

On Sun, 22 May 2011 20:32:28 -0500, "Pete C." wrote:

Puddin' Man wrote:

Sears has a sale on a Husqvarna mower with Kohler OHV motor.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...id=0&t=2947555
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...10038 3&aff=Y

Anybody had experience with Kohler motors? Comparison of Kohler with
(dreaded) Briggs/Stratton??

Kohler engines are *very* good and durable and the company really stands
behind their product. I have an old Deere riding mower with a Kohler
engine, and had trouble with it once (turned out to be some crud in a
fuel line easily fixed).

I looked on the Kohler site and found manuals for their newer engines,
but none for the model I had. I didn't expect much, but I entered the
model and serial info in their email page and sent it off about 3pm. The
next morning at 9:18am I got an email back from them with links to PDFs
of the full owner's, service and parts manuals for the 32 year old
engine, along with a note to watch out for part numbers that may have
been superseded more than once.

Clearly when this engine was built the manuals were not in PDF form nor
had PDFs been invented. Kohler cared enough about supporting their
products to take the time and effort to scan and archive all the old
manuals to support their customers. I'd certainly pick a Kohler engine
any opportunity I got. This is also the same Kohler with generators,
bathroom fixtures and faucets, and apparently a couple golf resorts.