Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Wall Warts

I've a Skil Mod 2375 3/8" cordless drill (9.6v) thats nearly an antique.

The old wall wart outputs dc 11v, 250 mA when functional. It now has a slight
bulge and outputs 0v.

I rumble thru my box of WW's, find one at rated output of dc 12v, 300 mA,
splice the wires, plug it in to see if it will charge. It will, but it heats
up a bunch, enough to burn my fingers a little.

Are there any guidelines for substituting these things? I'd like to keep the drill,
but can hardly afford to burn the house down. :-)

Thx,