Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default L.E.D. string lights

RonB wrote:
On May 20, 11:30 pm, Sam wrote:
Hi,

What's the brightness (let's say per foot) of the L.E.D. rope lights in
incandescent-light-watt-equivalent?

Thanks,

Sam

Cannot tell you what the brightness numbers are per foot. What is
your application. We have used short runs pretty effectively in some
museum display cases where we wanted indirect lights. It is best to
keep them out of sight with simple baffles.

RonB

Hi,
When I visited a museum in Shanghai China some of artifacts display case
had auto dimming light. When there is no one near the case the light
dimmed very low, when some one approaches it goes back to normal
brightness to save energy as well as cause minimal harmful effects on
the item which is VERY old.