Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Garrett Fulton[_2_] Garrett Fulton[_2_] is offline

Default Snap-on

On 2011-05-22, Garrett Fulton wrote:

"Sunworshipper" wrote in message

On Sat, 21 May 2011 21:29:24 -0500, Ignoramus26613
wrote:

I have seen a lot of hand tools, an of all, I like Snap-On and
Williams (which is also owned by Snap-on) the best.

They are not only high quality, but always the most pleasant to handle
on a daily basis.

Of course, I never buy new. "what are those metal things in the
bucket, do you know? I can take them for $10".

They are great for aircraft, a similar one was Dixie.

(snippage)

SW

The absolute best wrenches ever made for airline work were Bonney. Sadly
out of business, and if you can find used ones, they're high.

So, what is it that makes so good for aircraft?

They made some combination wrenches with very thin walls on the box end.
There's lot's of tight clearance locations on Boeings. Never had a wall
crack on them. Their hydraulic line wrenches would never spread open no
matter what torque you put on them. I guess it's a subjective thing, but I
always believed them to be the best for aircraft work.

Garrett Fulton