Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default L.E.D. string lights

(Don Klipstein) wrote in
:

Lumens out per watt in varies widely among incandescents.

For example, a Sylvania 75W "standard" incandescent available at Lowes
outshines a Sunbeam 100 watt one available at some dollar stores.

Yes, indeed. For incandescents my MO used to be: #1 go for the most
lumens per watt. #2 for the top 3 or 4 compare life expectancy. Make your
decision.

That was then. Recently things got more complicated because reliability of
CFLs was initially rather poor and the price high. That's better now, but
the advent of all kinds of different LEDs makes a real jumble out of all
those comparisons, not to speak of the pricing problems. I did buy a 3 LED
light for undercabinet over the counter lighting, and like the result (not
the price): Utilitech 18" 3-Light Linking LED Bar, my price was $39.98, it
is now $3 more on line at Lowe's

--
Best regards
Han