Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Wood rack cover

On May 22, 4:06*am, Jim wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 23:22:12 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've burned wood for 25 of the last 30 years. *I've tried various
methods of protection and *what I found best is nothing. *Wood, tarps,
sheeting, fiberglass, tin roofing are all a PITA in one way or another.
Nothing works well enough for me. * We get about 48" of snow on a
typical winter, but rarely do I have snow covered wood to bring in. *It
falls right off the logs when you handle them, unlike sheets of plywood..

That reminded me of my daughters first residence in Ticonderoga NY. *Open
stacks of wood with a very consistent silver gray appearance. *Sun and
wind worked well.

Unfortunately my lot has tall pines, oaks, and maples contributing both
shade and debris.

Good point about the debris. I am currently burning 17 year old Black
Locust that was stacked under a Horse Chestnut. Mucho, mucho crap on
top of the ricks and it filters down layer by layer as I remove wood.

Harry K