Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Portable air conditioner performance

On May 22, 9:30*am, "Twayne" wrote:
,
SRN typed:

"SBH" wrote in message
.. .
How do portable AC units compare to their counterpart
window units in performance and efficiency?

The ones I have seen are very expensive and not very
efficient. They are not eligible for the governments
energy star program

Yes, they are; both of ours have the energy star sticker.

(http://www.energystar.gov/ia/partner...revisions/down....

And the ones I have seen use only a single exhaust vent
in the window, so.... that means you are using your
cooled inside air to be blown thru the condenser and then
vented outside to be lost. Not very efficient.

What? *Nooo, lol! That's a hot air output and is baffled from the
refrgerated air inside the unit. If you've seen one like that, you must be
seeing some real junk!

HTH,

Twayne`

those portables dont cool as well, all the noise is indoors, window
units put the compressor outside for quieter operation and easy
disposal of condensate