Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper[_2_] Sunworshipper[_2_] is offline

Default Snap-on

On Sat, 21 May 2011 21:29:24 -0500, Ignoramus26613
wrote:

I have seen a lot of hand tools, an of all, I like Snap-On and
Williams (which is also owned by Snap-on) the best.

They are not only high quality, but always the most pleasant to handle
on a daily basis.

Of course, I never buy new. "what are those metal things in the
bucket, do you know? I can take them for $10".

They are great for aircraft, a similar one was Dixie. Minimalistic
which is good for awkward and tight places. I like the old ones like
Armstrong, Billings, Williums, ect. and don't have a set of anything,
its so bad that I have to find every last T bolt or clamp to do a
project. I was just commenting to someone using a machine that if I
was one tool short I wouldn't be able to clamp his work down. People
give me tools they can tell that they want to be together. Just take
it easy on the cheap ones, plus those can be modified. Kinda hard
hacking up a Snap on.

Is there a way to mail in a broken Snap on? I tryed once and gave up.
I've got a 1/4 ratchet that slips.

Metal things, got to remember that one.

SW