Posted to alt.home.repair
Fat-Dumb and Happy Fat-Dumb and Happy is offline

Default OT Did people only use bumper jacks?

Robert Green wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message
On May 21, 3:05 am, mm wrote:
OT Watching a Patty Duke epiode from 1966, another teenager keeps
working under his car with nothing holding it up afaict but bumper
jack. There scenes like that.

Dude, where do you live that you get such good TV programming? Or what is
the name of the company. I'd buy.

This stuff they got on today sucks bigtime.

Steve

In the Maryland area, ION TV has Patty Duke, the Original Outer Limits,
Highway Patrol, Sea Hunt and loads of old stuff. It's free, off-the-air HD
TV. They also show all sorts of old movies from the 60's and 70's that
aren't available from Netflix (never made it to DVD). Better looking HD
than Comcast's hyper-compressed cable service.

--
Bobby G.

I dropped satellite about a year ago. Online streaming and over the
air is the way to go for me. If you have broadband ya might try
justin.tv Also delicast.com and justtvnuts.com is good for news. If
your ISP has capped ur Gig/month use networx to monitor ur bandwidth
use. Ya know it isn't that hard to connect a computer to the TV now
days and with a remote keyboard and mouse you can watch a lot of
streaming on the big screen... I use 4 to 10 gigs bandwidth a day.
Mostly market stuff, but also news and entertainment. One thing I would
not do is install any software from any site for online streaming and
no need to ever pay for software or monthly fee to watch streaming.
There are plenty of free sites that work just fine.