Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT Did people only use bumper jacks?

On Sat, 21 May 2011 22:54:44 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 21 May 2011 18:24:47 -0700 (PDT), Pavel314
wrote:

Concrete blocks are "dicey" and cinder blocks a no-no. If using
concrete blocks, put a board on top so no edge of the frame or
suspension nicks the blosk.
A cinder block can disintegrate with little provocation and no
warning.

Thanks.

I also had a cast metal jack stand cave in. It was rated at 3000
pounds I think, and the whole car weighed only 3000 pounds. No one
was under it when it collapsed. I told the store I bought it at, but
I doubt they cared.