Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT Did people only use bumper jacks?

On 5/21/2011 9:29 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
(snip)

"The wipers on my 68 Javelin stop working."

"Check the fuel pump."

"The car runs fine...I said the wipers don't work."

"Check the fuel pump. There's a vacuum booster pump bolted to the top
of the fuel pump that powers the wipers. They can leak."

Okay, so Javelins were really 1959 Ramblers under the skin. But you
gotta admit, that first year Javelin sure was pretty. I did a real
double take going through a 73? or so Hornet hatch at a dealership- the
load floor cover over the spare tire was painted plywood- the company
was so broke by then they couldn't even afford tooling for a simple
almost-flat ridged metal panel.

--
aem sends....