Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Pfeiffer Joe Pfeiffer is offline

Default Snap-on

Pilgrim writes:

At the risk of starting a brouhaha, why would one pay the price for
Snap-on tools? Granted they are very well made, beautifully plated, etc.
But at 5 to 10 times the cost of other quality tools. This came to mind
after I bought a 3/4" combo wrench from a $0.25 box and looked up the
price after I returned home -$40-.

Speaking only for myself, I typically only buy Snap-On tools when I
can't find a less expensive alternative.
--
"It used to be that the USA was pretty good at producing stuff teenaged
boys could lose a finger or two playing with." -- James Nicoll