Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

Default L.E.D. string lights

On May 21, 10:30*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

What's the brightness (let's say per foot) of the L.E.D. rope lights in
incandescent-light-watt-equivalent?

Thanks,

Sam
Hi,
Watt is unit *of power(energy) There is no such thing as ILWE.

They use a similar rating on the CFLs. * GE, for instance, call their 13
Watt bulbs Smart 60.

They really rate bulbs in lumens, but we've used watts for over 100 years so
there are a lot of habits to change. *I don't know of anyone that looks at
the lumens on the package.

I was talking with a guy the other day, who knows about this stuff in a
way that few do, and he says the only really correct way to compare
light intensity is in watts of *output.* Says lumens aren't a very clear
measure at all. First time I'd heard that, but like I said, the guy has
a boatload of credibility.

Radiance is the correct term for total light output. Lumens is an
amount hitting a surface at a particular point. Add a lens and the
Lumens will increase at some point. add a reflector and Lumens
increase at some point. A flashlight hAs high lumens in a spot. When I
start reading about candlepower, I start to get a headache.

Greg