Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Did people only use bumper jacks?

Beer in radiator, braze a tap to the bottom of heater cores.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
news
As long as you were able to change the tubes and the air in
the AM
radio, grease the muffler, and change the oil in the tires,
you
succeeded with minimal expense and trouble. Knowing all I
do about
farming, when you did this work, would you ride on a cow or
ride on a
bull when you went under the car? I know you had to ride
something
under the car to reach the tire valve stems?

By the way, even today, people tend to neglect changing the
air in
their car radios. You've probably heard the expression "On
The Air",
well, this is the air you got to change. If you leave that
old air in
the radio, the radio stations all start sounding alike,
because you're
listening to all the old air, and if that air pressure
builds up, your
radio will blow up. Exploding car radios is the number one
cause of
auto crashes, because when one of them blows, it will shear
the
driveshaft.

Last but not least, and this has nothing to do with this
topic, but
when you go under the car, be sure to always inspect the
wingnut that
attaches the steering wheel to the driver. Some wingnuts
are for
Democrats, and others are for Republicans. Make sure you
have the
correct one for your chosen party. Personally, I chose the
beer
party, so I had to soak my wingnut in beer before
reinstalling it, and
while I was at it, I removed the crack from my engine
crackcase, and
filled it with beer. I also filled the windshield washer
bottle with
beer in case I needed a quick drink on my way to the bar.
The hard
part was always getting my mouth against the windshield
while
depressing the washer button, and doing 85mph on the
freeway, without
getting hit in the face with the windshield wiper.