Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default L.E.D. string lights

In article ,
Han wrote:

Smitty Two wrote in newsrestwhich-
:

snippage

light output can also apparently be measured in watts.

Sure can, but is it specified then that infrared (heat) and (possibly) UV
radiation is included or excluded in those watts?

Excluded, of course. This topic came up with my friend because I was
asking him to help me engineer a solar powered yard lamp that would put
out a useful amount of light. I started talking about lumens and he
grimaced, politely of course. Too nebulous for him. This is a guy who
will put an LED for example in an integrating sphere to determine the
real light output.

Also, I believe that
those light outputs in watts are even less in consideration of the
subjective "feel" of the light.