Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default L.E.D. string lights

In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

What's the brightness (let's say per foot) of the L.E.D. rope lights in
incandescent-light-watt-equivalent?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi,
Watt is unit of power(energy) There is no such thing as ILWE.

They use a similar rating on the CFLs. GE, for instance, call their 13
Watt bulbs Smart 60.

They really rate bulbs in lumens, but we've used watts for over 100 years so
there are a lot of habits to change. I don't know of anyone that looks at
the lumens on the package.

I was talking with a guy the other day, who knows about this stuff in a
way that few do, and he says the only really correct way to compare
light intensity is in watts of *output.* Says lumens aren't a very clear
measure at all. First time I'd heard that, but like I said, the guy has
a boatload of credibility.