Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Harper CANNOT be trusted with a majority Gov't.

Jack Stein wrote:
On 5/13/2011 11:02 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:

Problem is that PCs come with Windows and the built in bump in price
because of that. If I don't want Windows, but Linux instead, I still
have to pay for Windows.

Moreover, your PC comes with windows already installed. Go to best
buy and try to buy a PC with Linux installed. In the 90's I bought a
PC from Gateway and was running OS/2 on it. When the hard drive died
the first month, Gateway replaced the hard drive, and I they told me
it would come with windows installed on it. I told them I didn't want
windows installed on it, they said there was no choice. Indeed!

The problem is not that Windows is installed on Best Buy machines, it's that
people go to Best Buy to BUY their machine.

If you buy your car from a Chevrolet dealership, it WILL come with a Delco
alternator. Don't want a Delco alternator? Then don't buy your car from a
Chevy dealership!

Jeeze! Why do I have to think of everything!

The result of this anti-competitive crap is everyone thinks they are
getting viruses when there horribly designed OS is what is kicking
their ass, over, and over and over.

No, there really ARE viruses out there.