Andy Dingley

Default Dimming halogen lighting

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:52:44 GMT, "Andrew Simpson"
wrote:

I recently installed 6 50W mains powered halagon recessed lights in my hall.
I was quite suprised when switching them on how bright they were.

I'd replace the bulbs with lower powered ones. It sounds like you
never want to adjust this dimmer, just use it permanently set at a
lower power. Halogens don't like this, and you'll get a greatly
reduced bulb life (depending on how low you have them). You may also
get the bulbs capsules blackening internally.