Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john B. john B. is offline

Default Welders & Helpers needed

On Fri, 20 May 2011 19:16:12 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Sunworshipper" SW@GWNTUNDRA wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 20 May 2011 16:53:06 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Welder's helper
Assist welders, mechanics with welding and maintenance on
equipment.Experience in buffing, grind, torch and bolt up. Must have a
valid CDL, and transportation to and from work. Passport certified.
$12 per hour

You have to have a passport for 12 bucks an hour? I doubt people working
for that sort of
money have a spare 135 bucks to spend on a passport. Sheesh.

Wes

& a CDL those aren't cheep, reminds me of turning cranks for minimum
wage. Sounds like a big time loosing proposition unless they will
train to get the $50 + and they honor it.

SW

Methinks something got lost in the translation. IIRC, the jobs were from
$12 to $54 an hour.

Some schlep who walks on the job with just his car keys or bus pass would
get $12.

A guy with his own welding rig would get $54. Or a guy with heavy certs and
experience.

AND, every single person has the right to decline the job, the job
description, the wages, the travel, or any other thing related to the job,
right?

Did I get it that time?

So far there have been more replies saying why they won't work or don't want
to than anyone interested.

And, of course, the job would require drug testing, showing up on time and
sober, and following basic safety guidelines and supervisor's instructions.

I'm just asking. I haven't been in the job market for a while. That's the
way it used to be, but it probably is different now.

Or do they just mail you the check, and you don't even have to report to the
jobsite? Like government jobs and government benefit programs.

Steve

I think you have to promise to vote for the democrats; then the send
the check :-).