Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
meatwad[_2_] meatwad[_2_] is offline

Default Single-Phase, at last! (r2e4)

responding to
http://www.rittercnc.com/metalworkin...e4-429295-.htm
meatwad wrote:
Hi Lloyd,

I have no idea if you will get this email, but I though I would give
it a try. *I just purchased a bridgeport r2e4 boss 9 mill, and moved
it into my garage workshop. *I plan to convert it over to mach3, emc2
or centroid control, but in the meantime it would be nice to see if it
actually works. *Rather than buy/build a RPC, it would be nice to just
convert the control over to single phase 230. *can you elaborate on
how you changed your machine over to single phase?

Best Regards,

Thadeus Gregg

FINALLY, I got my r2e4 Bridgeport converted to single-phase.

No more of that damned RPC singing over in the corner, no.

As it turns out, the R2E4 machine is basically a single-phase machine,
anyway, except for the spindle motor (which is definitely 3-phase).

The electronics all run off two (single) phases of the incoming power,
and there are no references to the phases. All it took to get them
converted was to move a couple of leads.

To adapt the spindle, I installed a VFD and a relay isolator that would

track the F/R signals from the motor relays, and signal the VFD to
start/stop/forward/reverse.

It cost only $149 and some labor.

Now to make metal in the QUIET! G

LLoyd