Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Better skip this...

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

We've discussed this before, and of course getting OBL was
repeatedly voiced as the policy of the Bush administration. That
Bush later said he no longer worried about that doesn't alter the
fact that at one time he'd talked very tough on the subject.

There was, admittedly, much blustering in the immediate aftermath of
9/11. As dispassionate heads began to think on the issue, however,
vengence against OBL fell into the pot of disinterest, or at least
way down on the list. Contrary to your position, I don't think you
can find one single reference to the killing or capturing of OBL as
a goal of the United States government since October 2011 - by an
official OF the government.

Let me refresh your memory by re-posting what I told you last July
when you made a similar claim;
GW Bush;
"We're going to get [Bin Laden] Dead or alive, it doesn't matter to
me." 12/14/2001

With credit to wikiquote.org;
GW Bush;
"I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden.
It's kind of one of those exaggerations. "
3rd Presidential Debate, October 13, 2004
"Because he's hiding."
Asked why his administration had been unable to locate and arrest
Osama Bin Laden. (16 January 2005)

Porter Goss- Head of the CIA in 2005;
"In the chain that you need to successfully wrap up the war on terror,
we have some weak links. And I find that until we strengthen all the
links, we're probably not going to be able to bring Mr. bin Laden to
justice."

Okay, so there was one reference on Dec 14 (90 days after 9/11). But my
point's still valid. The administration was not out beating the drums to
find OBL. Your other two references were to questions asked.