Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default End grain sealer

On 5/20/2011 8:46 AM, Kevin Miller wrote:
On 05/19/2011 09:09 PM, Bill Noble wrote:
On 5/19/2011 6:27 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
I got a gallon of end grain sealer some time back, and it seems to have
caked in the bottle. It's in a one gallon plastic jug, sort of like a
milk jug. I've never had it set up on me in a closed container before.
Does anyone know if there's a way to redissolve it? It's between half
and three quarters of the bottle, so I hate to waste it.

It's not solid - there is still some liquid in it but there are large
hunks of solidified wax too.

The lid has been screwed on the bottle - it's not like it was in a can
exposed to air.

Thanks...

...Kevin

if it were mine, I'd get one of those paint mixer things that goes on a
hand drill and mix it back up real well

Hmmm, that's a thought. I don't have one of those - wonder if my wife
would mind if I used the Kitchen-Aid mixer? :-)

...Kevin

if you insist on using kitchen tools, I'd recommend a blender, not a
mixer. If you prefer domestic harmony, spending $3 on a paint mixer to
go in your drill will be money well spent. If you don't have $3, find
it in a thrift store for 25 cents

--
www.wbnoble.com