Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Building an adjustable tortilla press

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

" wrote:

On 5/19/2011 9:33 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

-snip-
I'll have to play with the pasta roller and see if I can get rounds
from it. That would solve the 6" tortilla manufacturing for now.

Thanks-
Jim

They taste better round? ;o)

I *think* they are easier to wrap when consistent. But then again--
I'm the son of an engineer & as I get older, on occasion, I find
myself making jobs more difficult than they ought to be.g

Thinking now, that if I made a big roller, I could just cut the rounds
with a 'cookie cutter' - and toss the rest in a 'chip' pile. That
should be pretty efficient, and keep the dough from being overworked.

Jim

The commercial tortilla machines I've seen have used both press type and
roller type mechanisms. Either type can be made to work. In both types
the real key was in the portioning and rolling of the dough balls before
feeding to the press.