Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Better skip this...

"HeyBub" wrote:

DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Whether the business was a "bad thing" can be measured.

As the computer people say--garbage in, garbage out. More on that
later.
It was never a goal of the Bush administration to kill or capture OBL
(after about 9/18).

We've discussed this before, and of course getting OBL was repeatedly
voiced as the policy of the Bush administration. That Bush later
said he no longer worried about that doesn't alter the fact that at
one time he'd talked very tough on the subject.

There was, admittedly, much blustering in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.
As dispassionate heads began to think on the issue, however, vengence
against OBL fell into the pot of disinterest, or at least way down on the
list. Contrary to your position, I don't think you can find one single
reference to the killing or capturing of OBL as a goal of the United States
government since October 2011 - by an official OF the government.

Let me refresh your memory by re-posting what I told you last July
when you made a similar claim;
GW Bush;
"We're going to get [Bin Laden] Dead or alive, it doesn't matter to
me." 12/14/2001

With credit to wikiquote.org;
GW Bush;
"I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden.
It's kind of one of those exaggerations. "
3rd Presidential Debate, October 13, 2004
"Because he's hiding."
Asked why his administration had been unable to locate and arrest
Osama Bin Laden. (16 January 2005)

Porter Goss- Head of the CIA in 2005;
"In the chain that you need to successfully wrap up the war on terror,
we have some weak links. And I find that until we strengthen all the
links, we're probably not going to be able to bring Mr. bin Laden to
justice."

In 2008 Mccain claimed to have a secret plan to capture Bin Laden.

Admiral Mullen Dec. 2009
""But it's not just bin Laden ... quite frankly," he said. "It's the
entire network that must be defeated. We are very focused on that in
terms of the outcome."

Not that he doesn't have a few of his own ideas-- but since you said
"those charged with carrying out those policies". . ..

" It would not defeat al-Qaida to have him captured or killed, but I
don't think that we can finally defeat al-Qaida until he is captured
or killed."
— Stanley A. McChrystal on capturing Bin Laden / December 09, 2009

Jim