Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Building an adjustable tortilla press

On 5/19/2011 9:33 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
wrote:

On 5/19/2011 11:48 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"Pete wrote:

-snip-

Consider a roller press patterned after the
pasta rollers,

That won't help me keep them round.

A roller press would seem to be a lot easier to use, and a little
practice would hone your skills ) Shaping the dough first in a flat
round would make it come out pretty round...feed through twice, turning
90 degrees the second time, would get it round enough to suit most.
This looks good:
http://www.mexgrocer.com/50409-87290.html

$134 and they can't even hint at how big it is?g

I've used my pasta roller for lots of craft stuff with kids, so it isn't
very difficult to make a roundish shape with a roller (or a rolling pin,
for that matter).

I'll have to play with the pasta roller and see if I can get rounds
from it. That would solve the 6" tortilla manufacturing for now.

Thanks-
Jim

They taste better round? ;o)