Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jason Jason is offline

Default Borrowed light for landing

On 19/05/2011 22:12, David J wrote:
With all the bedroom doors closed, my landing has no natural light. A
previous house had 'borrowed' lights fitted over every bedroom door,
which resolved the problem.

A possible solution to my problem would be to use glass bricks set
into the plasterboard wall over each bedroom door.

How could these bricks be mounted into a frame and set into the wall
neatly? I would be pleased if anyone here has any experience of this
task.

David

I did this between the bathroom and the landing because we had the same problem.
Eight glass bricks from Wickes mounted in a simple wooden frame, and it works
nicely.