Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely OT - bedtime for children

dennis@home wrote:

I don't have to ask anything about ATMs, I haven't seen enough of them
broken to make a statistically meaningful inference.

The only colour screen ones (Barclays, NEC?( The standard machine in
2000, anyway) ), FWIW) I've seen showing a BSOD featured Windows XP
Professional. It was easily reproduceable, too, with a number of them
showing the BSOD on introducing my card on the same date.

The green screen ones have never, IME, shown a reboot screen. Thank
goodness, because I *really* needed the cash that day and I knew where
the only green screen one within a dozen or so miles was. The following
day, the Windoze XP ATM I had used previously worked perfectly with the
same card that had crashed three XP machines the previous day. To say I
was surprised that banks used XP on security critical applications would
be understating it.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.