Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Completely OT - bedtime for children

In message , Mark
writes
On Thu, 19 May 2011 10:16:28 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

I've also found that doing a weekly internet shop from Ocado isn't any more
expensive than Tescos or Sainsburys (if you choose reasonably - lots is
Tesco price matched anyway). But the expirey dates are definately longer on
average IME than Sainsburys, so it is quite possible to run for a week at a
time. with zero intermediate shopping trips.

Haven't tried Ocado (only recently started a service around here) but
Tescos and Sainsburys were poor. Had a far higher instance of
out-of-stock items than in store and some perishables had very short
dates.

How much is delivery costs from Ocado?

I've used Tesco, Sainsburys and Ocado quite a bit over the years and
seemed to have settled on Ocado mostly.

a big advantgae is that because they work out of a warehouse they have
much better stock control and so it's uncommon for something to be out
of stock after you ordered it (the website tells you if something is out
of stock at ordering time). The website gives you minimum days for the
useby date etc. And as Tim says it doesn't really work out anymore
expensive on the whole.

Though there are some things we will get elsewhere oocasionally - for
some reason they don't seel big bags for pasta for instance.

Delivery costs range from £0.00 (if you are lucky) up to £7 I think.
Depending on day and time. I guess a typical averge charge would be
around 3.50 - 4? (min £75 order - there is a min charge of £3 on orders
of £40 - 75)

They also do a pre paid delivery scheme called delivery pass for 6.99
mnth or 69.99 year. Which is pretty good if you use it a lot - it's
probably break even after a couple of shops (or even less) unless you
can always get the very cheapest slots. Free's you up on delivery slot
choice and a min order of just £40
--
Chris French