Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Completely OT - bedtime for children

dennis@home wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:

Oh, you aren't going to get them to install and administer Linux then,
that's a shame, a holistic experience would benefit them.
Especially if they decide to buy/build a machine in a couple of years.

They'll get to do that at the time when they are able. All I said was if
they want Windows, they can manage it themselves. Which will be in some
number of years I expect.

Until then, if I have to do the work, it will be my way, which means
linux.

You have a tough time coping with people who have views different to you
don't you?

I have no problem with that thanks.
I do like to wind up people with irrational beliefs though.

You're not winding me up and my opinions are well rooted in experience of MS
Windows. MS sucks - quite rational after all these years of uncountable
exploits.

I accept every other OS has also had exploits (including MacOSX, Linux,
*BSD, VMS) but none of them on anything like the same scale.

You have to ask - when you see a crashed out ATM or info screen somewhere -
which OS screen is it displaying 90+% of the time? And, especially with
ATMs, plenty of those don;t run windows for comparitive purposes.

--
Tim Watts