Posted to alt.home.repair
larry moe 'n curly larry moe 'n curly is offline

Default Freezer runs too cold

On May 17, 10:50*pm, Matt wrote:

GE chest freezer, 6 years old, something like 19 cubic feet,
model FCM7DRBWH.

The temperature runs to -15 to -10 degrees F when I have it on the
warmest setting, which is to say it is colder than what I want, namely 0
degrees.

I am afraid it may be wearing out its compressor.

parts diagram:http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...del_id=5230276

Could it be that this part (#13 in the parts list given in the link
above) isn't sensing the temperature correctly or has its contacts
welded shut?

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...art_id=3855618

I don't think replacing it requires getting into the sealed section,
and its thin metal tube probably just wraps around a copper tube or
sticks into a pipe full of grease.