Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Completely OT - bedtime for children

On Thu, 19 May 2011 10:56:15 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

Mark wrote:
IME (and I do know Ocado supply from a giant warehouse [mine comes from
Dartford]

Mine does too (East Kent rather than deepest Sussex here!)

How much is delivery costs from Ocado?

Anywhere from expensive (6+ quid) to completely free. Generally a few
quid late evenings around 9pm, free at some unpopular times midday
weekdays and late at night and mentally expensive on Sundays. The slots
are one hour wide and they stick to them too (sometimes they ring ahead
and ask if they can be early, but if that's not acceptable, they will
not complain (at least to the customer) about sitting in the van doing
nothing and coming at the appointed time.

We got the £99 yearly pass which means delivery is otherwise free (min
spend £40 but that's easy) at any time (bar a few Christmas days I
think). We generally have a delivery early evening (probably before
you're home, Tim...it only takes we 10 mins to get home from work (smug)).
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org