Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely OT - bedtime for children

Tim Watts wrote:
Mark wrote:

Haven't tried Ocado (only recently started a service around here) but
Tescos and Sainsburys were poor. Had a far higher instance of
out-of-stock items than in store and some perishables had very short
dates.

IME (and I do know Ocado supply from a giant warehouse [mine comes from
Dartford], not by pushing a trolley round the local Waitrose) the supply/OOS
ratio is excellent. Genenerally 1-2 substitutions (mostly sane) per week
(sometimes none) and a failure to supply an item maybe once in the last 3
months.

They did have some issues with packing badly and squashing stuff - but I
complained, they refunded and said they could trace the exact person who
packed my lot and do some further training. Few problems since.

I do like the way they pack into 3 different colourcoded bags too - green
for frozen, red for fridge and purple for everythign else. Bloke even brings
it into the kitchen if you want (that's an official service).

How much is delivery costs from Ocado?

Anywhere from expensive (6+ quid) to completely free. Generally a few quid
late evenings around 9pm, free at some unpopular times midday weekdays and
late at night and mentally expensive on Sundays. The slots are one hour wide
and they stick to them too (sometimes they ring ahead and ask if they can be
early, but if that's not acceptable, they will not complain (at least to the
customer) about sitting in the van doing nothing and coming at the appointed
time.

I tried em, and they had so little stock it wasn't worth it.

Waitrose direct is better.