Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Completely OT - bedtime for children

On 19/05/2011 10:00, Mark wrote:

I know there are some schemes for those that cannot afford to pay for
internet at home, but I don't know what or how good they are.

Neither do I. I doubt they'd also pay for a computer.

Some schemes will heavily subsidise both computer and broadband cost,
but then the kids computer is hogged by the rest of the family.

e.g.

One brother is active in downloading torrents of illegaly transferred
films killing the ISP monthly bandwidth quota, the other is running an
eBay business passing on hooky stuff, the mother is having an breakdown
/ affair out on facebook (which will lead to divorce), the father has
this thing visiting several 'websites of the night', and the trojan
zombie process inside the machine has it's own surfin' and emailing
habits no one can control.

"A zombie ate my homework" will be the only fib the kid will be allowed
to tell teacher.

--
Adrian C