Posted to uk.d-i-y
cynic cynic is offline

Default Minor Works Certificate Details

On May 18, 4:51*pm, "TheScullster" wrote:
Hi all

Looking at the Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate left by the
now infamous Building Control Inspector, there is a field labelled "Method
of protection against indirect contact".
My B-I-L thought that the letters ADS should be included here - automatic
disconnection of supply.

Now for the ring main I could see this being appropriate - having an RCD on
that would give protection against contacting something that had indirectly
become live - is this what is meant by protection against indirect contact?
For the lighting, there is no RCD, just the mcb. *Is this device considered
to give protection against indirect contact?

In brief, what should I be writing in this field for ring main and lighting
circuits?

Thanks

Phil

Must be one of his own recipe my BS7671 17th edition sample says
method of FAULT protection. Is this the same guy who doesn't think
diversity applies in his universe - or was that another poster?

Im ny opinion ADS would be a perfectly acceptable entry for the IEE
form, regardless of whether this was achieved by an RCD or by the
operation of a circuit fuse or circuit breaker due to the fault
current flowing to earth (as long as your EFLI complies with the
requirements of BS7671).