Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

Default Freezer runs too cold

On May 18, 1:50*am, Matt wrote:
GE chest freezer, 6 years old, something like 19 cubic feet,
model FCM7DRBWH.

The temperature runs to -15 to -10 degrees F when I have it on the
warmest setting, which is to say it is colder than what I want, namely 0
degrees.

I am afraid it may be wearing out its compressor.

What is probably wrong?

Thanks.

parts diagram:http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...del_id=5230276

owner's manual:http://www.hammerwall.com/tempmanuals/L0520554.pdf

In looking at the PDF first thing wrong is there is no picture of
device which all good manuals should hhave at beginning. Second
problem not even one diagram what or where is temp control.
Next question, where and how do yo measure, and have you checked top
to bottom ?

Greg