Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

Default Freezer runs too cold

On May 18, 1:50*am, Matt wrote:
GE chest freezer, 6 years old, something like 19 cubic feet,
model FCM7DRBWH.

The temperature runs to -15 to -10 degrees F when I have it on the
warmest setting, which is to say it is colder than what I want, namely 0
degrees.

I am afraid it may be wearing out its compressor.

What is probably wrong?

Thanks.

parts diagram:http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...del_id=5230276

owner's manual:http://www.hammerwall.com/tempmanuals/L0520554.pdf

Seems to me if it's a mechanical thermostat they usually go bad by
going higher in temp. A digital model can have a thermister going bad,
or the electronic reference is going bad sometimes caused by the power
supply going bad.
It's not the compressor, or congestion, unless the sensor is
obstructed by food, or dead bodies.

Greg