Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Minor Works Certificate Details

jgharston wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:
Isn't lighting protected by out-of-reach? And your lightswitches?

Yes, thought that just as I pressed 'Send'

Go on then. I'll make a confession.

The 3 phase compressor would not fire up at my brothers garage. I diagnosed
the problem as a failed DOL starter later that evening. It was an old MEM
metal clad DOL starter that had failed.

My brother needed the compressor for work the next day but I was working in
Kent for the next couple of days. I devised a plan that worked until I could
sort out a replacement. The solution was called a wooden stick. My brother
was able to hold the contacts of the "now open to stick your fingers in 3
phase DOL starter" with the wooden stick until his compressor was at 160PSI.

He lived to see a new DOL starter..

--
Adam