Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Temperature

On May 17, 11:58*pm, LSMFT wrote:
I don't get it. When I'm running the oil boiler I am comfortable between
75 and 76 degrees. When I'm burning the wood boiler I'm comfortable
between 79 and 80 degrees. Same thermometer, same room.

--
You don't have to be stupid to know stupid when you see it.

Humidity or difference between radiant heat and air temperature.
Radiant heat is more comfortable than simple conduction/air
temperature.

Also. you feel warmer if you feet are warm, ie the floor is warmer.

Air ingress/draughts (for combustion)? too can lead to discomfort.

Proximity of "cold bodies" eg windows.