Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Minor Works Certificate Details

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

Looking at the Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate left
by the now infamous Building Control Inspector, there is a field
labelled "Method of protection against indirect contact".
My B-I-L thought that the letters ADS should be included here -
automatic disconnection of supply.

Now for the ring main I could see this being appropriate - having an
RCD on that would give protection against contacting something that
had indirectly become live - is this what is meant by protection
against indirect contact? For the lighting, there is no RCD, just the
mcb. Is this device considered to give protection against indirect
contact?
In brief, what should I be writing in this field for ring main and
lighting circuits?

Well the easy answer is EEBADS as the work is designed and installed to the
16th and there was no such thing as ADS in the 16th.

Are any of your circuits new installations or are they all modifications to
existing circuits?

And you need to fill in a minor works certificate for every circuit that you
have worked on.

--
Adam