Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Temperature

On 5/17/2011 8:30 PM, LSMFT wrote:
Frank wrote:
On 5/17/2011 6:58 PM, LSMFT wrote:
I don't get it. When I'm running the oil boiler I am comfortable between
75 and 76 degrees. When I'm burning the wood boiler I'm comfortable
between 79 and 80 degrees. Same thermometer, same room.

Humidifier on furnace?

No humidifier. The only difference is the oil is on/hot, off/cold and
the wood is steady all the time. Also the basement only gets to 62 with
oil heat and 75 with wood heat (floors are warmer).

Could be minor difference as to how your feet feel but humidity is
always suspect. I have a humidifier and feel comfortable at
temperatures 10 degrees below yours.

There is also a matter of getting bursts of heat out of furnace.
My wife thinks our new furnace does not heat as well but the temperature
is the same but before we would get a burst of heat out of the vent and
I guess it made her feel that old furnace was warmer.
I've heard this complaint about other heaters.