Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Completely OT - bedtime for children

On Wed, 18 May 2011 09:59:46 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

I don't like this assumption that schools seem to make that every
household has access to the internet. There are households around
here that don't. Some because they can't afford it (even the local
community ISP at £8/month) or because they are too far from the
exchange for ADSL to work. Dialup speeds aren't much use these days
on the web...

+1. Schools don't seem to get this at all.

They make token efforts to cater for non-internet users but it is
inadequate IME.
--
(\__/) M.