Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Finnigan Simon Finnigan is offline

Default electric fan oven

robgraham wrote:
On May 18, 6:05 am, fred wrote:
In article

, Simon Finnigan writesHi all,
I've got an electric fan oven here. The element blew about 2 months ago,
which I changed myself easily after shutting down all the electrics in the
house (I don't like messing with 240V :-) ).

A few days ago it started making a rattling noise, which coincided with the
bulb inside blowing. I've not changed the bulb, but I've checked the
housing and it seems tight. The rattling noise seems to come from the fan
itself, but isn't constant. It's not shelves or similar (they are all
removable and the noise is still there once they've been taken out).

It's not the fan fouling on the element is it? The fan will move as it
heats up so the 'rattle' could well change. As these elements start
straight before being bend to shape they can take a bit of gentle
bending but bet you'll be out of comfort zone there ;-).
--
fred

+1 to that. BTGTTS - replaced element, started to rattle some months
later and resolved by just bending the element slightly, and hasn't
reappeared.
Rob

I'll give it a better look when I get the chance then, given tha two people
have said the same :-)

Thanks all for the tips!