Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely OT - bedtime for children

On Tue, 17 May 2011 19:12:55 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

Unfortunately with the age of ours (3, 5 & 7), by the time shopping,
homework, baths/showers, eating, etc. are fitted in, there's not really
enough time before bed for them to use one computer consecutively.

Shopping? Everyday?
They get a lot of home work at that age? The 3 year old?

I must admit I was rather annoyed that the school set homework for our 7
year old that involved using the Internet to research the differences in
how the rich and poor lived in Tudor times.

I don't like this assumption that schools seem to make that every
household has access to the internet. There are households around
here that don't. Some because they can't afford it (even the local
community ISP at £8/month) or because they are too far from the
exchange for ADSL to work. Dialup speeds aren't much use these days
on the web...

--
Cheers
Dave.