Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default Can a microwave oven have its output imited?

On May 17, 11:10*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
"Jim Yanik" wrote in message

4...

1 second seems pretty excessive. I don't recall what the timing
cycle on the Tappan ones were, but it was less than a minute
for sure, but not every few seconds.

The problem -- as I've repeatedly stated -- is that if the "on" part of the
variable-power cycle is more than a few seconds -- possibly as short as 5
seconds, and /definitely/ 10 -- you're going to have localized boiling.

I occasionally see the oven's lights changing brightness, and hearing
various "cycling" noises. I'm going to have to check into this...

Our Panasonic cycles in the 5 - 15 second range.