Posted to rec.woodworking
willshak willshak is offline

Default Who is on Facebook?

Larry Blanchard wrote the following:
On Tue, 17 May 2011 12:55:01 -0400, FrozenNorth wrote:

Your name, and email are being posted here, what is the difference.

Well, the email addy is a spam catcher, I look at it now and then. I
take your point, but I started using my real name on Usenet a long time
before it became popular and didn't see much sense in changing after
that. But lots of posters never use their real name anywhere.

When I first got on the internet through my telephone company when they
first started internet access way back when (1985?), I didn't know I
could pick a username of my choice.
The person at the telco told me my username would be 'willshak'. She
never asked if I had a different choice of username. The first part,
'will', is correct. My first name is William. The second part, 'shak',.
is close to the first characters in my last name, but not exact.
I found out later that willshak is a nickname,used on the web, for
William Shakespeare.
I took advantage of that with my sig line, that told how to decipher my
real email address, which was 'out spammed dot', a takeoff on
Shakespeare's Lady MacBeth's "out damned spot" in "MacBeth", Act 5.
scene 1.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY