Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Grass growing on the mound septic?

Frank wrote the following:
On 5/17/2011 1:21 PM, Joe J wrote:
Are there any reasons besides looks, to mow the grass growing on a mound
septic system? 2.5 acres and it's all grass and I would just like to let
some of it grow wild, maybe throw out a few thousand wildflower seeds
and cut in some walking paths and let a lot of the rest of the grass
just grow, including what's on the mound. Any negatives to not cutting
the grass on the mound?

I cut grass over mine. Purpose is evaporation. Your system can't
cover a full 2.5 acres. Does not make sense to be that big.

He's not talking about the fields. I have less than an acre and my
fields are 400' long (4 at 100' each).
The field size is determined by the number of bedrooms, not bathrooms as
you may assume.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY