Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Time For New Cordless Drill/Driver

On 5/17/11 12:38 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2011 05:49:51 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Sure, but Lowes carries individual tools, also. Home Despot has
gone down the tubes over the last five years or so.

Home Depot carries the individual tools as well. So do other
merchants.

The HD here carries damn few of them. The only brand they carry any
variety of is Ryobi. The Lowes across the street carries pretty much
the whole line of all the big players, right down to the boom boxes.

That's actually quite surprising. Usually the big stores like HD and Lowes
are very standardized on what they carry. Most HD stores - no... all HD
stores around here sell the individual pieces.

That's something that ****es me off, actually. I know I am spoiled by
having a combination of probably 16 Lowes/HD's within a 20 minute
drive... but it gets frustrating that they don't all carry the same stuff.

If you have a job on the north side and you usually work on the south
side, you walk into the Lowes expecting them to have XYZ and they
don't... they have ABC.
I went into a Lowes 15 miles from my house and happily found stacks of
cedar and doug fir that the one 1.5 mile from my house doesn't carry.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--