Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Time For New Cordless Drill/Driver

On Tue, 17 May 2011 07:18:01 -0500, "Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

Subject

SFWIW, Lowes has a mailer out today that has an 18V lithium ion Bosch
drill for $99.

Includes 2 batteries, charger & case.

Item: 300250.

That's an excellent deal, Lew. Wow, 1/2" chuck, too!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Some how or another I must have won a Bosch Impactor impact driver 2~3 years
ago, It showed up on my door step addressed to me with a return address
direct from Bosch. No other information. Anyway it is an 18 volt version
with 2 batteries, charger and case. I already had a 12 volt Makita. Both
are ready to be used at any time however I always reach for the Makita.
I am not sure what it is but the Makita just feels better and is still my
preferred tool to use.

I ran a Bosch 14.4v Impactor happily for 3 years when the Makita 18v
LIons came out, so I got one. I should probably sell that Bosch. I had
thought the batteries were slowing down, but I had a client who wanted
to help me put up his new porch, so I loaned the Bosch to him for the
day and it kept right up with the Makita.

Both companies (and all their tools) get A+ ratings from me.

--
It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no
distinctively native American criminal class except Congress.