Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Future-proofing for future rewiring

On Sun, 15 May 2011 12:23:17 -0700 (PDT), Tabby
wrote:

On May 15, 6:29*pm, Lobster wrote:
My house is not particularly well specc'ed for electrics; although we do
have fairly modern RCD-protected CU and reasonably new wiring, we don't
have adequate circuits and it's likely that one day I'll want to sort it
out and add a few ring mains when the opportunity permits
While I'm mulling this over in my head, I'm just wondering if anyone's
tried something similar and have any tips for suitable conduit, methods etc?

Thanks
David

I take it you've rejected the 1800s aprpoach of bare iron wire on
ceramic standoffs, surface mounted to allow the heat to dissipate.

Thinking about it a lot of 1800s installations would have been private
ones with accumulators for when the steam/gas engine driven dynamo
was shut down. The voltages of some would be not be too different from
ELV systems now and in some respects we have gone full circle with
those wire and cable systems with bare conductors suspended across
counters,window displays etc not being that dissimilar to the 1800s
approach.

G.Harman

G.Harman